Position: HR Specialist
Location: Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Status: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Immediate opening for an entry-level HR Specialist. The HR Specialist is responsible for assisting with and supporting all aspects of J.V.’s Human Resources and Environmental, Health & Safety (“EHS”) functions and initiatives, under the direction of the HR Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
Will have responsibilities in Safety and the full employee life cycle, including, but not limited to:
- Benefits & Wellness Administration
- Leave Administration
- Performance Management
- Training & Development
- HR Documents & Records
- HR Reporting & Projects
- Employee Communication & Events
- Additional Administrative Tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, EHS, Business or related field; may consider combination of related training, certifications and/or experience.
- No direct HR experience required; however, position does require 3+ years of successful, previous experience in customer service-oriented role, in addition to Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient computer skills, including use and navigation of internet/intranet.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to learn advanced Word and Excel functions (mail merge, vlookups and pivot tables).
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (“HRIS”) or ability to learn.
- Ability to understand and apply appropriate usage of technology in a work environment, including virus prevention.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Ability to learn other technology related skills, as needed, to perform the essential functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be people oriented and have a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, flexible and demonstrates initiative and drive.
- Strong commitment to integrity, with an excellent work ethic.
- Excellent active listening, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills related to collaboration and teamwork, as well as handling sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to learn and understand manufacturing principles, related to HR & Safety functions.
- Ability to work independently, maintain focus, be organized, establish priorities, ensure appropriate levels of productivity and meet deadlines.
- Ability to coach, train and mentor others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, while consistently maintaining composure in all situations.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, data entry and proofing materials.
- Ability to prepare and maintain compliant, well written, HR documentation.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain complete and total confidentiality at highest level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, EHS, Business or related field.
- Prior experience in HR and/or Safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Advanced Word and Excel skills, including mail merge, vlookups and pivot tables. Strong proficiency in PowerPoint.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications, experience, skills, and abilities. Excellent benefit package included.
To apply, please visit our posting on Indeed.com by clicking here.
Date Posted – 01/01/2018