Position: Tool & Die Maker / Precision Surface Grinder
Location: Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Status: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION
J.V. Manufacturing Co., Inc. is seeking a Tool & Die Makers to safely manufacture quality dies and parts using technical ability, experience, and knowledge.
J.V. Manufacturing Co., Inc. designs and produces high-speed, high-production carbide progressive stamping dies and precision components for customers worldwide. Since 1975, our dies and components have been used to make products for Aerospace, Appliance, Automotive, Consumer Products, Cosmetics, Green Products, Medical and Nuclear Power applications. With an exceptional combination of highly-skilled employees and state-of-the-art equipment, we set the industry standards for innovation, efficiency and competitiveness.
- Following procedures, utilizes full technical ability, experience, and knowledge to safely manufacture dies, parts, and spare parts in a timely manner consistent with quality and SOP (“Standard Operating Procedure”) requirements.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Selects proper materials to be used including type of steel, machines, tooling, gauging instruments (calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, comparators, etc.).
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining, as needed.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder (precision grinding to include wet, surface, CNC, Jig, etc.), to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Makes allowances for shrinkage during heat treating of tools and metal flow in dies.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Investigates problems that arise while performing a job and applies problem solving techniques to attempt to resolve problems, using assistance as needed.
- Maintains focus on productivity, maximizing uptime.
- Completes required paperwork accurately and efficiently to verify work.
- Properly tracks time worked using required methods and systems.
- Participates in training and cross training efforts, as assigned.
- Embraces and participates in J.V.’s Safety culture, always keeping Safety as the #1 priority. Conforms to and follows all safety rules, production, and quality directives. Maintains cleanliness of work area to meet J.V. standards.
- Reports any incidents that have occurred in a timely fashion and participates in investigations, as required (i.e. safety, spills, accidents, productivity/workflow).
- Makes suggestions, demonstrates a questioning attitude and is supportive and open minded to new and existing ideas/initiatives. (i.e. Human Performance (“HPI”), SOPs and LEAN Manufacturing).
- Maintains positive and supportive employee relations through continuous communication with all colleagues.
- Performs other duties and assignments, as deemed necessary, to support J.V.’s dynamic business and operational needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School diploma or equivalent. Vo-tech and/or technical school preferred.
- Previous tool and die making and precision surface grinding experience a plus.
- Additional related skills a plus (Jig, Cylindrical, OD, Wet, ID Form, Polishing, brazing, turning, CNC EDM, and/or Tool Room – tool and die maker).
- Proficient math skills related to tool and die making.
- Proficient problem solving skills.
- Proficient reading blue prints and layouts.
- Interacts well with others; team player.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal; includes legible handwriting.
- Motivated, willing to learn.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications, experience, skills, and abilities.
- Typical work week is minimum of 45 hours.
- Excellent benefit package included.
Date Posted – 4/12/2017