Position: Press Operator
Location: Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Status: Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible to operate a high‐speed metal stamping press or perform secondary operations in a safe, timely and accurate manner to produce parts consistent with production and quality needs and requirements, as laid out by the Production Supervisor.
J.V. Manufacturing Co., Inc. designs and produces high-speed, high-production carbide progressive stamping dies and precision components for customers worldwide. Since 1975, our dies and components have been used to make products for Aerospace, Appliance, Automotive, Consumer Products, Cosmetics, Green Products, Medical and Nuclear Power applications. With an exceptional combination of highly-skilled employees and state-of-the-art equipment, we set the industry standards for innovation, efficiency and competitiveness.
- Embraces and participates in J.V.’s Safety culture, always keeping Safety as the #1 priority. Conforms to and follows all safety rules, production, and quality directives. Maintains cleanliness of work area to meet J.V. standards.
- Receives Pre-Job Brief and job assignment and verifies information to ensure the contents are correct (latest drawing revision level, part identified in the Shop Traveler, material to be used, etc.). Resolves any information that is incorrect before proceeding. Follows all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”).
- Press Operation:
- Verifies die to be used. Assuming die is ready for operation, sets die up in press.
- Starts machines, monitors their operations, and records operational data, as required.
- Performs service on die, as needed. This responsibility can take place at any time or even multiple times from set up through completion of the job.
- Sets up the die and press to comply with customer and company requirements.
- Sets stops on machine beds, changes dies, and adjusts components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes.
- Secondary Operations:
- Starts machines, monitors their operations, and records operational data, as required. Machines may include SST presses, Secondary end bend tools, 90° bend tool, Laser welding, pinch roll and bend level, & secondary end trim presses.
- Follows inspection process to comply with customer and company requirements. Inspects parts during production to meet customer and company requirements and produces pieces within tolerance.
- Examines completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sorts defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Measures completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Investigates problems that arise while running a job and applies problem solving techniques to attempt to resolve problems, using assistance as needed.
- Maintains focus on productivity, maximizing uptime.
- Completes required paperwork accurately and efficiently to verify work.
- Properly tracks time worked using required methods and systems.
- Participates in training and cross training efforts, as assigned.
(Keywords – Bruderer, stamping press operator, tool and die, high speed metal stamping, machine operator, stamped metal products, tooling, punch, punches)
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent. Additional training or formal education is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude. Good troubleshooting and math skills.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of production machinery and tools and dies a plus.
- Proficient problem solving skills.
- Prefer experience in reading prints.
- Interacts well with others, team player.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal; includes legible handwriting.
- Motivated, willing to learn.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of computer skills.
- Knowledge of/experience with material and tool handling equipment.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications, experience, skills, and abilities.
- Typical work week is minimum of 45 hours.
- Excellent benefit package included
To apply, please send your application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted – 1/31/2017