Position: Process Engineer
Location: Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Status: Full Time
Process Engineering and Support:
- Embraces and participates in J.V.’s Safety culture, always keeping Safety as the #1 priority. Conforms to and follows all safety rules, production, and quality directives. Maintains cleanliness of work area to meet J.V. standards.
- Monitors, analyzes and acts on all data associated with or directly related to CM (i.e. Component Manufacturing Department). Provides manufacturing data, as assigned, utilizing all available resources, including SyteLine (i.e. job orders, production control charts, reliability, process capability to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target.) Responsible for KPIs for CM.
- Serves as ERP (i.e. SyteLine) expert in the CM department.
- Supports Director in assisting to oversee costs and improve efficiencies by establishing production standards including labor, material, scrap and rework.
- Maintains a complete understanding of the CM department related to work flow, planning, schedules and project management. Ability to serve as back‐up to Director or CM Supervisor in various functions, as needed.
- Assists in maintaining reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving manufacturing rates, efficiencies, yield, costs and changeovers.
- Supports manufacturing and production activities in accordance with all company and industry quality assurance certifications, specifications and requirements. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with the planning and scheduling of incoming orders.
- Assists in producing “paperwork” for workflow (i.e. routing slips).
- Assists Purchasing to produce carbide ordering prints and coordinate outside suppliers and subcontractors to support the schedule and workflow.
- Assists in dealing with and resolving day to day processing issues or customer issues within the department.
- Maintains existing production documentation & procedures.
- Supports the development and implementation of new or enhanced manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Work Instructions, Forms, as required, in conjunction with Quality Assurance.
- Works in response to specific quality issues or for process optimization such as reduce scrap/lower cost. Provides technical assistance to production and development personnel, as needed.
- Interfaces with other departments, as needed.
- Performs training sessions, as needed, to support the CM department.
- Makes recommendations for means to create efficiencies through automation, creating alternate solutions for deploying existing resources & redesigning products or processes to support continuous improvements.
- Drives production efficiency improvements to reduce labor & component cost & maximize quality.
- Suggests, develops and implements innovative solutions to manufacturing problems/issues.
- Assists in helping to develop and implement preventative maintenance programs and ongoing efforts to minimize unplanned equipment downtime.
- Supports full compliance with, and implementation of lean, 5S or Theory of Constraints principles in manufacturing operations, as appropriate, while maintaining safety and quality as primary priorities.
- Supports the Director and CM Supervisor in new initiatives within the department.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Associate’s degree or higher in mechanical, industrial, process, or related engineering field.
- 2+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Safety and quality minded.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, analytical skills and ability to read prints and drawings.
- Attention to detail, adaptable and dependable with a positive attitude.
- Collaborative; ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization.
- Self‐starter, demonstrates initiative, hard working.
- Additional preferred qualifications:
- Previous experience with SyteLine ERP.
- Experience working with quality systems, including ISO 9001.
- Practical/applied experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
- Previous experience in the tool and die industry.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications, experience, skills, and abilities.
- Typical work week is minimum of 45 hours.
- Excellent benefit package included.
To apply, please send your application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted – 7/31/2018